Tove Shere is a USAT Level 1 Certified Coach and in 1989 began her racing career in triathlon. In 1994, after several years of competing as a Master’s Athlete she became an A.C.E. Personal Trainer and Multi-sport Coach in the private sector. Her clients ranged from competitive age group athletes to pros attending Ironman World Championships.
For 21 years, Tove was the boys and girls Head Track and Field Coach at Santa Fe Prep and in 2019 she ended her prep coaching career as an assistant. She had a very successful career and some of her most notable highlights include:
- 4 GIRLS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WINS
- DISTRICT WINS – 21 OUT OF 21 STRAIGHT FOR THE GIRLS AND 16 OF 21 FOR THE BOYS
- INDIVIDUAL STATE CHAMPIONS:
- GIRLS TOTAL = 20
- BOYS TOTAL = 8
- GIRL’S RELAYS = 10
- BOY’S RELAYS = 4
- State records set in Girls Triple Jump and Boys 400m
- Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at SF Prep for 20 years.
- Co- XC coach for 6 years
- Assistant Swim Coach for 4 years.
In January of 2019, Tove was inducted into the New Mexico Track and Cross Country Coaches Association Hall of Fame with the 2018 class.
Tove has continued to compete in several sports at a Master’s Level and currently competes in the 65-69 age group. She has celebrated many personal athletic highlights over the course of her racing career that include:
- Gold Medal winner in the Shot Put at the 2019 National Senior Games
- Bronze Medal in the Javelin at the 2019 National Senior Games
- 2018 Gold Medal winner in the javelin and shot put at the NM Senior Games
- 2018 Silver Medal in triathlon at the NM Senior Games
- Qualified and will compete in Switzerland as a member TEAM USA in the World Triathlon Championships. This will mark her 9th National Team as a master’s athlete.
- Had the huge honor of being an Olympic Torch bearer for the 2002 Olympic Winter games.
- Earned All American title, 3 times, in multisport (Duathlon/Triathlon)
- Silver medalist at World Cyclocross Championships in Belgium in 2008
- Silver medal at Ironman Austria in 2012
- 5 time National Champion in Cyclocross
- 1997 – 40k Time Trial (bike) National Record Holder in the 45-49 age group in a time of 58:07
- Multi time State Champion in 40k Time Trial, Criterium, Cyclocross, and Triathlon.
- Raced at a National level on the Velodrome since 1993 with multiple podiums.
During the off season Tove enjoys spending time with her family and also enjoys competing in snowshoe and X-Country ski races.
If you would like information about working with Tove, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.